SO YOU CAN FOCUS ON HEALTH
PPink Lemonade Project provides financial assistance to breast cancer patients who are experiencing hardship during treatment or recovery and who live and/or receive healthcare in SW Washington and Oregon.
Becky Price, RN is a PLP board member, pictured here
with the child of a Pink Practicalities recipient.
Instructions on Filling Out the Assistance Forms
**At this time, we will prioritize patients who have never received funding from us except for stage four/metastatic breast cancer patients who may be eligible for funds once a year. We do our best to provide financial aid to meet the greatest needs and help the most individuals.**
Financial assistance includes food, transportation, lymphedema compression sleeves, neuropathy treatment, wigs, co-insurance for prostheses, and surgical bras during treatment or recovery. Other types of requests will be considered.
- They are currently receiving breast cancer treatment (i.e. surgery, chemotherapy, radiation).
- They live or receive treatment in Clackamas, Multnomah, or Washington County in Oregon or in Clark County, Washington.
- They are experiencing financial hardship during treatment.
- The Healthcare provider submits this application on behalf of the patient.
Financial assistance includes transportation, food, and lodging for underserved breast cancer patients who are experiencing challenges during active treatment.
- Live or receive care in Oregon or the Washington counties of Clark, Cowlitz, Klickitat, Pacific, Skamania, or Wahkiakum.
- Be at/or below 250% of the federal poverty level.
- Travel 25 miles or more to a treatment facility.
- Be in active treatment for breast cancer.
- The Healthcare provider submits this application to 211info on behalf of the patient. Instructions are included on page 2 of the application.
- Complete a short survey within 30 days of the financial assistance award.
Each December, Pink Lemonade Project spreads holiday cheer to breast cancer patients and their families with the Holiday Glow program. Holiday Glow offers a way to support individuals and families and improve the quality of their lives by providing assistance for groceries and gifts, especially for children.
- Live or receive care in Clark County, Washington, or the Portland metro area.
- Experience financial hardship during treatment or recovery.
- Healthcare provider submits online application on behalf of the patient. Note: application for 2023 will be posted in November.
- Application opens in November and is to be submitted by early December.